The Woodchopper’s Ball, San Francisco’s swing hot spot, is a weekly Tuesday night swing dance event held at the historic Verdi Club in San Francisco’s Mission district.
Named after the classic 1939 swing tune by the Woody Herman Orchestra, the Woodchopper’s Ball features monthly classes, a full bar (21+ only), and a live music dance party with a drop-in lesson and the largest variety of live swing dance music in town! Brought to you by Hep Jen and Ken Watanabe, long-time regular instructors and organizers at San Francisco’s Lindy in the Park.
- Live Music Dance Party: 9:00-11:30pm, with a different band each week! Only $10, all ages!
- Drop-In Basic Swing Dance Lesson: 9:00-9:15pm, included with Dance Party admission! Perfect for complete beginners (no partner or experience required)!
- Monthly Swing Dance Classes: 7:00-10:00pm, Lindy Hop and Balboa, Beginning and Intermediate levels, and Boogie Woogie (*NEW*). Fun, friendly, and featuring some of San Francisco’s most experienced swing dance instructors! Enrollment includes admission to the Dance Parties!
- Full Bar & Lounge: 7:30pm-closing (21+ only). Enjoy a classic cocktail in the swanky vintage bar and lounge!
- 2,500-sq-ft Dance Floor: Large, beautiful, hardwood dance floor with plenty of room to swing out!
|7:00-8:00pm||Intermediate Monthly Lindy Hop Class
Beginning Monthly Balboa Class (upstairs)
|7:30pm-closing||Full Bar & Lounge Open (21+ only)|
|8:00-9:00pm||Beginning Monthly Lindy Hop Class
Intermediate Monthly Balboa Class (upstairs)
|9:00-9:15pm||Drop-In Basic Swing Dance Lesson (for complete beginners,
included with dance party admission, different steps each week)
|9:00-10:00pm||*NEW* Monthly Boogie Woogie Class (upstairs)|
|9:00-11:30pm||Live Music Dance Party
(different band each week, band schedule)