The WOODCHOPPER’S BALL
The Woodchopper’s Ball, named after the classic 1939 swing tune by the Woody Herman Orchestra (and their biggest hit!), is a weekly Tuesday swing dance event held at the historic Verdi Club in San Francisco. Brought to you by Hep Jen and Ken Watanabe, long-time regular instructors and organizers at San Francisco’s Lindy in the Park.
- Live Music Dance Party: 9:00-11:30pm, with a different band each week. Only $10, all ages!
- Drop-In Basic Swing Dance Lesson: 9:00-9:15pm, included with Dance Party admission! Perfect for complete beginners (no partner required)!
- Monthly Swing Dance Classes: Intermediate Lindy Hop and Balboa 7:00-8:00pm, Beginning Lindy Hop and Balboa 8:00-9:00pm. Fun, friendly, and featuring some of San Francisco’s most experienced swing dance instructors! Enrollment includes admission to the Dance Parties!
- Full Bar & Lounge: 7:30pm-closing (21+ only). Enjoy a classic cocktail in the swanky, newly renovated lounge!
- 2,500-sq-ft Dance Floor: Large, beautiful, hardwood dance floor with plenty of room to swing out!
|7:00-8:00pm||Intermediate Monthly Lindy Hop Class
Intermediate Monthly Balboa Class (upstairs)
|7:30pm-closing||Full Bar & Lounge Open (21+ only)|
|8:00-9:00pm||Beginning Monthly Lindy Hop Class
Beginning Monthly Balboa Class (upstairs)
|9:00-9:15pm||Drop-In Basic Swing Dance Lesson (for complete beginners)|
|9:00-11:30pm||Live Music Dance Party|