The Woodchopper’s Ball, San Francisco’s swing hot spot, is a weekly Tuesday night swing dance event held at the historic Verdi Club in San Francisco’s Mission district.
Named after the classic 1939 swing tune by the Woody Herman Orchestra, the Woodchopper’s Ball features monthly classes, a full bar (21+ only), and a live music dance party with a drop-in lesson and the largest variety of live swing dance music in town! Brought to you by Hep Jen and Ken Watanabe, long-time regular instructors and organizers at San Francisco’s Lindy in the Park.
- Live Music Dance Party: 9:00-11:30pm, with a different band each week! Only $10, all ages!
- Drop-In Basic Swing Dance Lesson: 9:00-9:15pm, included with Dance Party admission! Perfect for complete beginners (no partner or registration required)!
- Monthly Swing Dance Classes: 7:00-9:00pm, Lindy Hop, Beginning and Intermediate levels; Balboa Fundamentals; and Collegiate Shag Fundamentals. Fun, friendly, and featuring some of San Francisco’s most experienced swing dance instructors! Enrollment includes admission to the Dance Parties!
- Full Bar & Lounge: 7:30pm-closing (21+ only). Enjoy a classic cocktail in the swanky vintage bar and lounge!
- 2,500-sq-ft Dance Floor: Large, beautiful, hardwood dance floor with plenty of room to swing out!
|7:00-8:00pm||Intermediate LINDY HOP Monthly Class
COLLEGIATE SHAG Fundamentals Monthly Class
|7:30pm-closing||Full Bar & Lounge Open (21+ only)|
|8:00-9:00pm||Beginning LINDY HOP Monthly Class
BALBOA Fundamentals Monthly Class
|9:00-9:15pm||Drop-In Basic Swing Dance Lesson (for complete beginners,
included with dance party admission, different steps each week)
|9:00-10:00pm||Intermediate BALBOA Monthly Class *NEW*|
|9:00-11:30pm||Live Music Dance Party
(different band each week, band schedule)
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
To keep our event as safe as possible from COVID-19, we are currently requiring proof of full vaccination and a properly worn face mask at all times while inside the building unless actively drinking. So please remember to bring:
- Face Mask: a high-quality, well-fitting face mask
- Proof of Vaccination: vaccination card, photocopy or picture of your vaccination card, or digital vaccine record, etc. (To avoid having to bring proof of vaccination to the Woodchopper’s Ball, click here for instructions on being added to the Woodchopper’s Ball Vaccination list.)
- Photo ID: driver’s license, student ID, or passport, etc.