Learn to Swing Dance!
Fun, friendly classes featuring some of San Francisco’s most experienced swing dance instructors. Enrollment includes admission to the live music dance parties! No need to bring a partner–we rotate partners in class. Face masks required. Real live music. Real people. Real fun!
The Woodchopper’s Ball, San Francisco’s swing hot spot, is a weekly Tuesday night swing dance event held at the historic Verdi Club in San Francisco’s Mission district. Named after the classic 1939 swing tune by the Woody Herman Orchestra, the Woodchopper’s Ball features:
- Live Music Dance Party with a drop-in lesson and the largest variety of live swing dance music in town! Only $15! 9:00-11:30pm
- Full Bar & Lounge (21+ only) 8:00pm-closing
- Monthly Classes in Lindy Hop, Balboa, and other swing dances, beginning & intermediate levels. 7:00-9:00pm
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
To minimize the spread of COVID-19 at the Woodchopper’s Ball:
- All attendees are required to properly wear a well-fitting face mask at all times while inside the building, unless actively drinking.
- Eating is prohibited inside the building.