Fun, friendly classes featuring some of San Francisco’s most experienced swing dance instructors. Enrollment includes admission to the live music dance parties! No need to bring a partner–we rotate partners in class. Proof of vaccination, photo ID, and face mask required. Real live music. Real people. Real fun!
The Woodchopper’s Ball, San Francisco’s swing hot spot, is a weekly Tuesday night swing dance event held at the historic Verdi Club in San Francisco’s Mission district. Named after the classic 1939 swing tune by the Woody Herman Orchestra, the Woodchopper’s Ball features:
- Dance Party with a drop-in lesson and the largest variety of live swing dance music in town! 9:00-11:30pm
- Full Bar & Lounge (21+ only) 7:30pm-closing
- Monthly Classes in Lindy Hop, Balboa, and other swing dances, beginning & intermediate levels. 7:00-9:00pm
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
To keep our event as safe as possible from COVID-19, we are currently requiring proof of full vaccination and a properly worn face mask at all times while inside the building unless actively drinking. So please remember to bring:
- Face Mask: a high-quality, well-fitting face mask
- Proof of Vaccination: vaccination card, photocopy or picture of your vaccination card, or digital vaccine record, etc. (To avoid having to bring proof of vaccination to the Woodchopper’s Ball, click here for instructions on being added to the Woodchopper’s Ball Vaccination list.)
- Photo ID: driver’s license, student ID, or passport, etc.